2.05.2024

Such An Eventful First Month of 2024

And just like that, January 2024 is done.

The first 36 days of 2024 were eventful. A summary of the first month of 2024:
  • My family and I went on our first family holiday since we (our daughter and I) arrived in New Zealand. Our daughter loved swimming; she swam at the Maruia River, in a paddling pool in the middle of the city, and in the thermal pools at Hanmer Springs. Yes, she is a water baby.
  • I learned a few new recipes in cooking and baking. I have yet to perfect them, but the food was edible.
  • Oh! I got an extremely short haircut! The shortest haircut I have ever had. I am contemplating whether I should write a separate post about this. Hmmm...
  • In my New Year's Day post, I mentioned that I was looking forward to opportunities soon. The opportunity I was referring to was employment. I sent my application for the Teacher Aide role at my daughter's school last December 2023. On the 11th of January, I was interviewed and accepted for the role on the same day. As of writing, I am officially employed as a Teacher Aide.
  • I also mentioned in my New Year's Day post that we will move to a different farm. Well, I have an update on that too. My family will no longer be moving because my husband will be moving up the ranks. My husband will be the only one from their current dairy farm team staying and managing the farm. This is good news for me, as my employment at the school won't be cut short. I was worried about moving because I would have to look for another job after recently accepting one. But now that we are no longer moving, it is a relief that I will be working at the school a little longer.
There are hiccups and frustrations amid the good updates, but at the end of the day, these are my small successes moving forward.

And that is all the update for the first days of 2024. I am looking forward to sharing more stories in the future.

Ciao~

No comments: